Plus my brother Troy is gonna pick me up and I’m gonna stay the night with him and his girlfriend! Which will probably mean I’m gonna have to shoot the shit with my dad and other brother for a little but it won’t be too bad.
And I’m gonna be checking out the Art Institutes too which I’m super stoked about. Hopefully visiting will help me decide if I’m going there or not. I reall hope it works out.
I’ve been fielding lots of comments of the “how can you be promoting fat?!” and “haven’t you heard of type II diabetes?!” variety. So I’ve decided to write this post. I’ve outlined 9 typical statements by commenters, together with an explanation of why each statement is wrong, wrong, wrong.
1) Fat is unhealthy. Fat is not inherently unhealthy. In fact, being underweight, in many ways, is more dangerous than being overweight, obese, or morbidly obese… [more]
2) Fat people all have eating disorders, eat poorly, and don’t exercise. No study has ever supported this conclusion. And let’s just get clear on something… [more]
3) If fat people would eat properly and exercise, they wouldn’t be fat. Contrary to popular opinion, people come in all shapes and sizes… [more]
4) Weight loss is a healthy goal, deserving of promotion. Not true at all. First of all, diets don’t work. They really don’t. The one or two people that you know that lost weight on a diet and kept it off for more than 5 years are statistical freaks… [more]
5) Promoting fat acceptance makes people fat. No studies have ever shown that approving and loving your body causes one to gain weight. In fact, Health At Every Size practices, which include body acceptance, actually make people healthier… [more]
6) There’s an obesity crisis going on and obesity is on the rise. Actually, it’s not… [more]
7) Childhood obesity is a serious problem. Actually, it’s not. Childhood life expectancy continues to rise —- The real danger for fat children is the threat of bullying… [more]
8) BMI is an appropriate and scientific way of determining health… [more]
9) But all of this goes against the conventional wisdom that fat is bad and deadly! Your “conventional wisdom” has been paid for by the diet industry and pharmaceutical companies for decades and decades… [more]